Sabado, Enero 11, 2014

My Baby Ate's First day of school!

Yes! She's going to school at last!

Our new home is just in front of our Barangay Hall and YAKAP Daycare.

At first, I thought the local Daycare Center here in Quezon City won't accept late enrollees because we move in here last September and that makes it almost half of the school year already that's why I didn't bother to go there and ask if my Baby ate can join the class.

But then, last month, our neighbor, who has a child which already 4 years old, told me that the Daycare Center here in our Barangay still accepts kids from 3- 5 years old. She enrolled her kid just last month and actually she's telling me to enroll my baby ate as well, so that her son and my baby ate will classmates.

I wasn't able to enroll my baby ate last month because I was busy in preparing my baby bunso's 1st birthday party ( I will make another post for this). But I promised her that I will enroll my baby ate this January.

ENROLLMENT
So last Wednesday, I went in our Daycare and talk to their teacher if my baby ate can join the class and she said yes, I just need to submit a photocopy of her birth certificate. So she instructed me that Meganne's gonna start yesterday and they have a feeding program so there's no need for me to buy her baon but we have a weekly contribution of 10php plus I have to help the other parents in cleaning the room once a week. She assigned me in the Wednesday group, so I'm committed that every Wednesday I have to go there and help in cleaning the room. The teacher said also that since my baby ate is still 3 years old, she belongs to the toddler class which is the AM class. Their class begins at 9 AM up to 11 AM. While kids who are 4 and 5 years old belongs to the PM class which is 1pm to 3pm. I'm okay with 9 am-11 am class because I want my baby ate to maintain her "siesta" attitude until she gets to a whole day class.

THE FREEBIES!
Since its a public daycare, we got some freebies! Her school uniform, a bag, grade 1 pad paper, a pencil and some glaze papers. Not bad, right?

HER FIRST DAY!
So we got up a bit early last Thursday to prepare for her first day. My baby Daddy is more excited than my baby ate. He was the one who prepared our breakfast and all throughout breakfast he keeps on saying to our baby ate "bilisan mo anak!malalate ka na..!" even if its just 8am and my baby ate's school is just a minute walk away! So after breakfast he insisted that he'll be the one to take my baby ate to bath. Then I was the one who dressed her up on her first day of school.

Here's her OOTD:

TOP: My Favorite Things; Shorts: Genuine Kids by OshKosh

I'm sooooo excited!

At exactly 8:50 we went to their school already. When we arrived there, their teacher is not yet there so the classroom is still locked and so we waited at the basketball court with one of her classmates. While waiting, she kept on asking me where her teacher is and I patiently answered her that her teacher is not yet around.

When her teacher arrived I greeted her good morning while my baby ate began to behave and kept her silence. She seems to be so shy with her teacher and classmates. We entered their air conditioned room and waited for the other students. While waiting, they are allowed to play the toys inside the classroom.

       
Meganne: I'm a shy..

We waited for the other until 9:30am. And then their teacher decided to start the class and she just concluded that the other 8 students are absent for that day. When I asked her how many students does she handles for the morning class, she said that there are 20 students all in all including my baby ate. There was only 12 students who are present for that day.

The teacher started the class with a flag ceremony and a prayer. After that, they sang and dance those kinder song. At first my baby ate doesn't know what to do until she just copied whatever her classmates are doing.
Their Dancing in pairs.

Then after that, it was the start of the regular class. So for that day, their teacher teach them the letter "F" and the number "6". My baby ate got one star when she participated in counting the numbers from 1-6. After that they had a seat work which is to write number 6 in their grade 1 pad paper. 

RECESS 
After their teacher checked their work, she gave them all a star and then the Thursday group parents distributed the food so that the kids can have their merienda.

For that day, they gave the kids an egg sandwich, choco bites and a choco drink. Once the kids are done eating their food, they will go to their teacher and claim their star. Some of the kids weren't able to get a star cause they didn't finish their food. 

After the "recess" part their teacher lead a closing prayer and dismiss the kids.

For overall, my kiddo really enjoyed her first day! She drag me home straight and showed her stars and seat work to his daddy. And my baby daddy is so proud of our baby ate.

 The next day I didn't go with her anymore. I just toke her in her school and went home to take care of my baby Allodia. Then her baby daddy was the one who fetch her yesterday. She was so brave! Her teacher said that she didn't cry when she asked for me and her teacher responded that I went home.

I'm so proud of her, cause not all 3 years old kids would let their parents to leave them in school, right?
Well, I guess this is it! This is the start where my baby ate will learn so many things and I hope she would really excel in her studies. :)




2 komento:

  1. wellcome to the school world ..Getting on and off to school is tiring.

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Yes sis, buti na nga lang malapit lang school niya dito sa amin..kaya di masyadong hassle ang paghatid sundo sa kanya..:)

      Burahin